Target vision: Mobility R&I Vision for 2040
By 2040 ...
... Austria has mastered the challenges of transitioning to a sustainable, climate-neutral, and inclusive mobility and transport system in its urban and rural areas.
... Austria's research, technology, and innovation players have made a key contribution to sustainable development, to ensuring a high quality of life and fostering high competitiveness and a robust labour market in Austria.
... innovations from Austria will be recognised as leading and solicited all over the world.
Mobility R&I Mission for 2040
BMK intends to pursue the following mission to achieve the vision outlined above:
- We take the necessary research and innovation policy steps to implement a sustainable, climate-neutral, and inclusive mobility system by 2040.
- We thus address relevant technological, structural, and organisational developments and necessary behavioural changes in the economy and society.
- We develop instruments and measures to support the necessary economic, industrial, and mobility-related structural transformation in Austria and Europe in a targeted and effective manner.
- We shape the coordination and dialogue process between the business and scientific communities, civil society, policymakers, and the public administration in a national and international context.
Four mission areas as guiding principles
- Promoting climate-neutral urban mobility
- Mobilising and sustainably connecting rural areas
- Efficient and climate-friendly operation of infrastructure, mobility, and logistics services
- Developing environmentally friendly transport technologies
- R&I funding
- Exploration Spaces
- Alliances and implementation partnerships
- European and international positioning
Detailed information on the four mission areas and a detailed description of the measures can be found in the R&I Strategy Mobility brochure:
Download: R&I Strategy Mobility brochure.
News (only in German)
Lightweight construction in Austria
Status quo, trends, and policy options for the Austrian and European lightweight community, with a focus on mobility
R&I Mobility Strategy (Brochure)
Innovation in and from Austria for a Climate-neutral Mobility System in Europe
Programme 'Mobility of the Future' - RTI Agenda and Roadmap for Personal Mobility (English Summary) 2018
The Research, Technology and Innovation (RTI) Agenda refines the theme-specific programme mission of Personal Mobility in the RTI-funding programme “Mobility of the future” and points out areas of research addressed as well as programme actions until the year 2020 (Roadmap)”
Discover Vienna: Future Mobility
30.05.2023 - 07.06.2023
"Discover Vienna: Future Mobility" is designed to support and accelerate the growth of startups in the mobility field. Next to the opportunity to exchange and connect with relevant stakeholders from the mobility field, the program will offer a range of resources and opportunities for participating companies to experience Vienna – ranked as the most livable city in the world – first-hand.
WE-TRANSFORM - 5th Stakeholder Forum Workshop
13th-14th of June, 2023
Flemings Hotel Wien-Stadthalle, Neubaugürtel 26-28, 1070 Wien
The EU project WE-TRANSFORM works on a Policy agenda for workers transition in automated and digital transport services
ISFO 2023 - 4th TRB International Symposium on Freeway and Tollway Operations
26. – 30. Juni 2023
From 26 to 30 June 2023, the 4th TRB International Symposium on Freeway and Tollway Operations (ISFO) will take place in Vienna Tech Gate under the motto "Innovation Advances Towards the Future of Managing Traffic".